Today we went to Sam’s Club, Don Quijote and Costco.
The Sam’s Club out here is interesting. It's stacked on top of a Walmart near Ala Moana mall. They have a lot of Hawaiian and Asian goodies. Their Walmart even has a souvenir section.
Don Quijote started out as a small store, transitioned into a wholesale distributor and turned into the franchise stores we know today. I would say they have a little bit of everything but it's quite a large store and there's quite a lot of product. Maybe they have a lottle bit of everything. Say it in your head a couple of times. It gets funnier. I mostly go for the food, electronics and trinkets.
We also ran into our cousins at Don Quijote. They got here yesterday. Hope you guys have a fun time out here! We sure are. What a small... island...
While we were near Costco we stopped at Aloha Fabrics near by. Last year I mentioned they had a dog named MoChiChi. This year I learned her name is actually Chibi and she seems to be a local celebrity. Everyone asks about her. Just like last year, she had the day off. How much PTO do they give her? Must be nice.
The Costco out here isn't much different than the Costco back home. They have a few unique things but the Sam’s Club is where it's at. Sam’s Club even has pulled pork plate on the cafe menu. I've had it before, it's not the best but it's cool that they have it.
After we got back to the hotel we settled in and ordered pizza from the Domino's downstairs. This seems to be something we do once while we're out here. I've had more Domino's out here than I have back home.
Tomorrow is our last full day out here before we head back. I’m not looking forward to packing and leaving
No comments:
Post a Comment