Monday, October 5, 2026

Hawaii Day 6 (Honolulu, HI): Shopping

We did a lot of shopping today.


Today was our first day away from the halau. We went out to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet for the first time since it relocated. 


On the way out we took the Skyline. The Skyline is Honolulu's new automated light rail system. It was kinda empty and the cars seemed huge. A lot bigger than the light-rail cars I've been on. Right now there are 18 operational stations. Even though the Skyline opened in 2023 we haven't used it until today because there weren't any routes that we could’ve used.  Hopefully it'll become more efficient and more people use it as more stations open. 


Since the stadium is being demolished the swap meet has been moved to the parking lot of the stadium. They have mostly the same vendors, the layout just is arranged differently. Instead of wrapping around the stadium it's arranged in rows around a food court. They added covered areas and converted cargo containers into vendor stalls. I think that's pretty innovative and trendy.  


On the way back we stopped by the Ala Moana Mall. Nothing much has changed there. That mall is so big it's kinda hard to navigate. 


We met up with some of the halau sisters that are still on the island for dinner at Marugame Udon. I felt like I walked a lot.


Tomorrow might be more shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment